Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So now that summer is here....

It's been a while since I last updated this thing. School has been out for nearly a month now. That's pretty crazy to think about. I've been enjoying my summer so far. I had an experience at the beginning of the summer that was pretty trying and it was hard to get through, but I managed. I felt very close to God the whole time. I always turned to Him for guidance and leadership and He always came through. I also found out what having faith can do. One night, I was driving in some extremely heavy rain. I could barely see anything and to be honest, I was a little scared. So, I prayed to God that He'd keep me safe from harm and that everything would be okay and a few seconds afterwards the rain died down. The same exact thing happened on the way home, too. It may seem like a small thing, but it really showed me the power of faith and prayer. But, lately, my faith in God has been down a little bit and I can notice the difference. I'm not turning to God for help as much as I was before when I know I should be. Whenever I'm close to God, I can tell a huge difference in my life. But, when I stray away, I can also notice a difference.
Well, on a different note, I finally got a job, which I am very thankful for. I'm working at the Publix in Sugar Hill. I also got a ukulele today, which is something I've wanted for quite some time. I guess life is pretty decent at the moment. There's not much to stress or worry about. The band is coming along pretty well, although recording our EP is going very, very slowly. I'm pretty ready to get that finished and for us to play a show somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for both of those to happen soon.
    The EP sooner than playing. I think finding places to
    play at would be a good goal for the first school semester.

    ReplyDelete